Friday, June 12, 2015

Sustainability

1/1/2013

What do I want to be next? I spent the last couple years taking grad classes to get a principal's license, but something happened this year that halted my interest. We hired a new principal. A really good one. He works really hard and makes our school better and deals with 100 hassles of all varieties every day. You know what? I decided that I am all about making our school better, but I don't want to be a principal. I just am not excited enough about any of it to do that. So, I will continue to put to good use all of the things I've learned about leadership to contribute any way I can and go from there.
Today I showed the movie "Fresh" in health class. When Joel Salatin worked his farm and talked about sustainability, I had a light bulb moment. "I think I would like to do that".
Could I raise chickens, connect with our Earth, be a steward, teach? Sure got me wondering.

No comments:

Post a Comment